Mexico City Climate & Temperature
- Mexico City, Mexico is at 19°23'N, 99°10'W, 2309 m (7575 ft). See map.
- Mexico City has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mexico City is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 16 degrees Celsius (60.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5 °C (9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 21.7°C (71°F) on average falling to 5.3°C (41.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 26.3°C (79.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8.7°C (47.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24°C (75.2°F) and average low temperatures are 11°C (51.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22°C (71.6°F) during the day and lows of 8.7°C (47.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 709 mm (27.9 inches) which is equivalent to 709 Litres/m² (17.39 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2598 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Mexico City you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Rodrigues, Mauritius.
Mexico City Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Mexico City Climate Graph in Metric Units
Mexico City Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Mexico City, Mexico Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Laredo, Texas, Usa - 904.8 kms (562.3 miles) N
- Monterrey, Mexico - 706.2 kms (438.8 miles) N
- Mazatlan, Mexico - 859.4 kms (534.1 miles) WNW
- Zacatecas, Mexico - 514.5 kms (319.7 miles) NW
- Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico - 282.3 kms (175.4 miles) NW
- Guadalajara, Mexico - 456.4 kms (283.6 miles) WNW
- Morelia, Mich., Mexico - 212.2 kms (131.9 miles) W
- Acapulco, Mexico - 300.7 kms (186.9 miles) SSW
- Alice, Tx, Usa - 963.8 kms (598.9 miles) N
- Corpus Christi, Tx, Usa - 947.2 kms (588.6 miles) N
- Brownsville, Texas, Usa - 746.9 kms (464.1 miles) NNE
- Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico - 340.8 kms (211.8 miles) NNE
- Veracruz, Mexico - 321.3 kms (199.7 miles) E
- Comitan, Mexico - 825.8 kms (513.2 miles) ESE
- Salina Cruz, Oaxacu, Mexico - 556.8 kms (346 miles) SE